Add a comment
I come out of the minibus # 21 in the protected zone and ecologically clean area of Zaporozhye - Velikiy Lug. My aim is to communicate with children and the staff of the boarding school # 1 and to add information about it on the the web-site in the hope that children will find new friends and possibly parents and the boarding school - benefactors and sponsors.
The boys from the boarding school # 1 with gifts from the sponsor
I walk through a rather impressive territory of the boarding school where gray buildings of the postwar construction for living and studing are situated. These structures look pretty bleak and require an external repair. I can see not so many children, it is because only 15 orphans live here now. Today is August 31, and the other children will appear in the boarding school on the 1st of September and will stay here until the end of the school year in June. The director, Yuri Kirillovitch Tsokur is very courteous and a person with a sense of humor. Here is what he has told me:
- The history of our orphanage counts more than 45 years, we have 186 students - children with repercussions of poliomyelitis and cerebral palsy. These diagnoses involve the defections of the motor apparatus. Nevertheless, all children are walking, we don’t have the wheelchair users. Many of them seem to be almost healthy.15 children are orphaned or left without parental care.
In on of the classrooms.
The staff consists of 34 educators, 30 teachers, 12 medical workers and 48 service personnel. Our students receive a full (12 classes) and incomplete (10 classes) secondary and mental retardation education. The medical treatment, the exercise therapy, massage, speech therapy care are provided here. In our boarding school the vocal and dance classes, fine arts, sports events are held.
- We would appreciate any help. For example, we just had a phone call from the Church on the Peschanaya street, they proposed us 180 school diaries. Many thanks to these people. If to be more concrete, the following products are required:
• shoes (regular and sports), it wears out very quickly, many children limp;
• clothes, linens;
• tables for bedrooms, closets, sofas and other furniture;
• sports equipment (balls, tennis rackets, nets, tables, hoops, gymnastic sticks);
• velotrainer, simulators for the development of hands and feet, expanders (shoulder, carpal), a stopwatch, a stadiometer;
• office supplies (notebooks in a cage, diaries, pens, pencils, paints);
• educational and popular scientific literature, encyclopedias;
• some children like to go fishing with educators and dream of fishing tackle and fishing gear.
If you want to make a gift to a particular child, you can present him a recorder, a CD-player.
Children from the boarding school: Misha Il’chenko and the girls.
Here are our coordinates for the good people who decided to help:
Kotel’nikov street, 16 (Velikiy lug)
Special boarding school # 1
Tel. +38 061 286-96-15 (Yuri Tsokur Kirillovich, Director),
+38 061 286-96-14 (Ludmila Fedorovna, a head teacher),
+38 066 752-96-16 (Larisa, organizer).
You can help using convenient ways of donation (PayPal, MoneyGram, Western Union, Webmoney, etc.)
You can contact employees of “Happy child” fund
Albert Pavlov, 2004
This publication related with such categories:
Orphanages of Zaporozhye region, Ukraine