Add a comment
We have managed to live a full month without calling ambulance. Though, the boy has still got a lot of convulsions, and due to this fact Arthur is not yet able to hold his head with no support.
For six months, we used the strongest and very expensive medications, though we got no positive effect we hoped for in reducing convulsions. Medicine is very individual: the same drug may help one patient and have no effect on the other.
Then we understood that there is no magic pill for us, but we were still not going to give up as there are techniques, which have already proved to be effective and helped thousands of children. It is G. Doman’s technique developed by the Institutes for the Achievement of Human Potential in Philadelphia aimed for children with brain injuries.
Using this technique, in December we:
- introduced a special diet (milk-free, casein-free, sugar-free, salt-free, and gluten-free)
- started a program to enrich brain with oxygen
- purchased the first set of American medications for the bio-correction of the body (probiotics, vitamins, minerals)
Our monthly expenses are growing, but we very much hope that with your support we will win, and little Arthur Kerimov will be able to walk and will learn to speak. We know that our diagnosis is not a verdict, we just need to help our child.
Currently our expenses are as follows:
- Anticonvulsant therapy – UAH 1,500 (177 US dollars) a month (we will be on this therapy for a long time, even if the convulsions go away – the therapy is to be completed for 2 years by gradually reducing the dosage)
- purchase of masques – UAH 300-500 (35-60 US dollars) a month
- classes with a rehabilitation specialist – UAH 1,500 (177 US dollars) a month
- bio-correction (probiotics, vitamins, minerals) – UAH 1,000 (118 US dollars) once a quarter
- in January we have to take examination in the Immunology Center in Kyiv – UAH 3,500 – 4,000 (415-473 US dollars)
- in February we need to repeat the course of immune-enhancing therapy, which will cost UAH 15,000 -16,000 (1,775-1,893 US dollars)
The expenses go up, but the little Arthur does his best to meet your expectations and not to let his parents down.
We would like to wish you warmth, love, happiness, and of course good health.
Thanks a lot to all our friends we know and don’t know, to all those who could not stay indifferent to the life of little Arthur, for your kind and generous hearts.