Zaporizhzhia Association of Parents Of Children With Special Needs And Persons With Childhood Disability “Nadezhda” (Hope)
The most important is not to lose hope that your child can improve his health as well as develop his skills
Zaporizhzhia Association Of Parents Of Children With Special Needs And Persons With Childhood Disability “Nadezhda” (Hope) was founded in 1991 by parents themselves. The director Aleksandrova Irina Pavlovna, whose daughter suffers from infantile cerebral paralysis, is well aware of problems of bringing such children up. Almost the whole staff of the organization consists of parents of children with special needs, that’s why they are very sympathetic to the needs of those families who ask for their help. When a disabled child is born into a family the couple’s family life passes a special test of strength. Isolation and lack of support have detrimental effects both on parents and their child. Many parents of children with different kinds of disability are constantly depressed. The “Nadezhda” centre offers an opportunity to overcome these complications, to get acquainted with other parents, to get expert advice and to restore the family emotional well-being in time. The most important thing is not to lose hope that the child will be able to recover and develop his\her potential abilities. Today 1,050 families of children with special needs unite in this social organization. The “Nadezhda” centre helps families where there are children with any kinds of disability.
The director of the Association Alexandrova Irina Pavlovna
2. The psychologist’s advice helps parents to make a conscious choice of child’s rehabilitation and potential development methods.
3. Legal advice to parents on the maters of their children’s right protection.
4. Parents’ mutual emotional and moral support.
Besides, specialized programmes for children with special needs are provided in “Nadezhda” centre:
- physical training exercises,
- assistance in providing treatment in health resorts,
- educational activities,
- individual computer skills training for children according to a special programme,
- counseling sessions with a psychologist,
- leisure activities: excursions, going to the circus, theatres and cinemas,
- creativity training in study groups,
- specialized rehabilitation activities,
- employment assistance for persons with childhood disability.
Today the organization provides conditions for social programmes implementation during 2011:
- together with “Alex” TV and broadcasting company a project “Discovering yourself” was implemented. 15 gifted children with special needs took part in it;
- “Mother’s School” programme is being implemented together with professional psychologists, doctors and educational specialists;
- educational and informative studies for children of different ages take place every month;
- there is a “Dating Club” for older children;
- traditional holiday parties are held, where treats are offered and gifts are given;
- contests and children’s creative works exhibitions are held;
- financial and humanitarian support is given to needy families (foodstuff, beddings for bed-patients, hygiene means).
Every time you donate or offer voluntary support you offer more high-quality services for families of disabled children.
Thank you for your support!
Postal address: Ukraine, 69050, Zaporizhia, Kosmicheskaya Street, 132
Tel. +38(0612) 953142 2719641
Р/р 26009000115421 (UAH),
«Укрсоцбанк» (UKRSOTCBANK ) МФО 300023
Код ЄДРПОУ 20523183
Charity funds and NGOs of Zaporozhye region, Ukraine Zaporizhia organization of disabled children Nadiya Publications made by Happy Child, Ukraine Sick children of Ukraine