Urgent Needs of Our Little Cystic Fibrosis Patients!
We have a vital list of medications for children diagnosed with cystic fibrosis. Unfortunately, we cannot purchase all these important medicines and equipment in Ukraine, so we need to ask our donors abroad to support our project!
Our list of children diagnosed with a rare genetic condition called cystic fibrosis has suddenly increased from five to seventeen children.
There is a group of five kids (four girls and one boy) who urgently need our support. The other twelve children also need our everyday support so that their condition will not worsen all of a sudden.
We are always faced with the dilemma of whom should we help first. There is no other option since there are so many sick children and so little medicine.
Supporting seriously sick children is our first priority. However one cannot deny the fact that, children whose condition is less critical, need our thorough support as well. The line between seriously and stable children is very fragile. The lack of necessary medications may result into inevitable consequences for little patients.
It seems very feasible to break this vicious circle. What we need are volunteers from abroad who would send us the medicine and equipment we cannot buy in Ukraine.
Here is a list of vitally important medications and equipment:
1. Pulmozyme (for many of our children this medicine remains a dream. We need 85 boxes of this medicine a month)
2. Pari Turbo Boy SX or Pary Boy SX nebuliser (this device ideally fits expensive medications since it doesn’t leave any remnants) – 3 pieces
3. Fluimucil without antibiotics (this medicine has vanished from Ukrainian markets) – at least 40 packages
4. Sumamed (we are currently experiencing the lack of this medication in Ukraine) – 40 packages
5. Nonin 9550 pulse oximeter (this device has proved to be highly affective) – 4 pieces (you can purchase it on E-Bay)
6. AquADEKs nutritional supplement (water-soluble form – 5 bottles; 10 capsules a month)
This mission seems absolutely impossible for a single charity foundation but if each of us makes a little contribution – children with cystic fibrosis will have a chance to live longer. Every house starts with one brick…